Paderborn University • University • Paderborn
- Main instruction language
- Standard length of studies
- 6 semesters
- Bachelor's course Teaching Qualification for lower secondary/intermediate secondary school level and Secondary and Comprehensive Schools (Bachelor of Education)
- Admission requirements (Germany)
- (1) The Bachelor’s programme Teaching Qualification for Comprehensive Secondary Education is open to anyone who has the higher education entrance qualification certificate (general or restricted to a relevant subject) or the certificate for entrance to universities of applied sciences or evidence of previous education that is recognised as equivalent by legislation or the responsible state authority, or anyone who meets the requirements for applicants who are considered to be qualified as a result of vocational training or those under the regulations on applicants with international educational qualifications.
(2) Applicants who have not obtained their entry requirements at a German-speaking institution must have sufficient knowledge of the German language. For unrestricted admission to or enrolment on all degree courses, the applicant must prove the language ability required for study. Further details are governed by the current version of the German language proficiency test for access to higher education at the University of Paderborn.
(3) The enrolment to study the subjects Art, Music and Sports requires the successful completion of an aptitude test. Further details are laid down in the Special Regulations for the Study of Teaching Subjects or Separate Regulations for the Assessment of Course-Related Aptitude.
(4) Further requirements may arise from the special provisions for Educational science Studies and the study of the specialised subjects.
(1)tIn addition to the requirements specified in § 5 General Provisions, anyone who has Spanish language skills at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (GER) has access to study Spanish as part of the bachelor's degree program at secondary and comprehensive schools. The knowledge of Spanish can be demonstrated in particular by high school diplomas, on which the level B1 is shown or by the certificate DELE B1 (nivel inicial). A certificate submitted must not be older than a maximum of two years from the beginning of the semester for which registration is requested. Proof of language skills is a requirement of enrolment.
(2)tAt the beginning of the course, participation in a language diagnostic test is mandatory. The test serves as self-assessment of the language skills.
- Admission Semester
- Summer and Winter Semester
- Admission Mode
- open admission
- Lecture Period
- 04.10.2022 - 27.01.2023