Paderborn University • University • Paderborn
- Main instruction language
- Standard length of studies
- 6 semesters
- Bachelor (Bachelor of Science)
- Admission requirements (Germany)
- Admission requirements to the Bachelor's course of Physics are the provision of a higher education entrance qualification certificate
(general or relevant subject-restricted higher education entrance) or meeting the requirements in accordance with Section 49, para. 10 of the Higher Education Act (Hochschulgesetz) (see appendix A1 for more details) or a certificate recognised as equivalent by legislation or the responsible state authority, or the requirements for applicants considered to be qualified by professional training.
Proof of qualification in accordance with Section 49, para. 10 of the Higher Education Act (Hochschulgesetz)
(1) Proof of qualification in accordance with Section 49, para. 10 of the Higher Education Act includes proof of general education at university level and proof of particular subject-related aptitude.
(2) For the proof of general education (supplied by means of examinations in the subjects of German, English and Mathematics), the framework of the university applies to determine the general education at university level in accordance with Section 49, para. 10 of the Higher Education Act as amended from time to time.
(3) Proof of the particular subject-related aptitude is generally supplied if an above-average grade (better than 2.5) is obtained in the final degree in the subject of Physics. The respective examination board makes the decision. If the grade achieved is not above-average, determination of the particular subject-related aptitude is by means of a successful oral examination by two members of the physics department appointed by the respective examination board, at least one of which being a university teacher.
The examination board regulates the details of the process.
(4) The aptitude test (subject-related part) is passed if subject-related aptitude is determined according to para. 3. The examination board advises the applicant and the registrar's office of the result of its decision.
- Admission Semester
- Summer and Winter Semester
- Admission Mode
- open admission
- Lecture Period
- 04.10.2022 - 27.01.2023