Music and Media, popular
University of Paderborn • University • Paderborn
- Main instruction language
- Standard length of studies
- 6 semesters
- Bachelor (Bachelor of Arts)
- Admission requirements (Germany)
- provision of a higher education entrance qualification certificate (general or relevant subject-restricted higher education entrance) or a certificate recognised as equivalent by legislation or the responsible state authority, or the requirements for applicants considered to be qualified by professional training.
(2) As a further admission requirement the prospective students must prove basic knowledge and skills in the field of Popular Music and Media Culture. Proof of course-related basic knowledge and skills is a requirement of enrolment. In addition practical experience in music and media (e.g. as a band musician, instrumentalist, DJ, music editor) and knowledge in general music teaching is desirable.
(3) Proof of course-related basic knowledge and skills is supplied by means of a pass in the aptitude test. This consists of a 45-minute written section (essay on a contemporary pop music or media culture question comprising a maximum of two A4 pages) and a 15-minute interview. In the interview with the examination board the course-related motivation and qualifications of the prospective students and their perceptions with regard to future professional fields of employment should be established.
(4) The aptitude test has been passed if, after assessing the written work and the impression conveyed in the interview, the examination board comes to the overall assessment that the applicant meets the required conditions for the Bachelor's course in Popular Music and Media. The examination board governs the details of the conduct of the aptitude test procedure.
- Admission requirements (Link)
- Admission Semester
- Winter Semester only
- Admission Mode
- open admission
- Lecture Period
- 02.11.2020 - 12.02.2021
These data have been kindly made available to the DAAD by the German Rectors' Conference.