University of Paderborn • University • Paderborn
- Main instruction language
- Standard length of studies
- 6 semesters
- Bachelor's course Teaching Qualification for lower secondary/intermediate secondary school level and Secondary and Comprehensive Schools (Bachelor of Education)
- Admission requirements (Germany)
- (1) Admission requirements for the Bachelor's degree course for the Teaching Qualification for German Lower Secondary Schools, Intermediate Schools and Comprehensive Schools: higher education entrance qualification (general or relevant subject-restricted), entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences on the basis of a statutory ordinance or a certificate recognised as equivalent by legislation or by the responsible state authority, or applicants considered to be qualified through professional training, or who meet the requirements of the Bildungsausländerhochschulzugangsverordnung (Foreign Education University Admissions Ordinance).
(2) Prospective students who did not obtain their qualification for admission from a German-language institution must have adequate proficiency in German. For unrestricted admission or enrolment in all degree courses, the applicant must provide proof of language proficiency adequate for studying. Further details are governed by the current version of the Ordinance on the German Language Proficiency Test for the Admission to Higher Education at the Universität Paderborn.
(3) An aptitude test must be successfully passed to enrol for studies in the teaching subjects Art, Music and Sports. Other details are governed by the special regulations for studies of the teaching subjects or separate regulations to assess the course-related aptitude.
(4) Additional requirements may result from the special regulations for studies in educational science and studies of the teaching subjects.
(1)tIn addition to the requirements outlined in Section 5 of the General Conditions, admission is granted to the degree course for French as a teaching subject in the Bachelor's degree course for the Teaching Qualification for German Lower Secondary Schools, Intermediate Schools and Comprehensive Schools to applicants who have French proficiency at level B1 of the Common European Reference Framework for Languages (CEFR). Proof of proficiency in French can be provided in particular by school leaving certificates which show level B1 or by the DELF B1 certificate (niveau indépendant). The certificate submitted must be no more than two years old, calculated starting from the beginning of the semester for which enrolment is applied for. Proof of language skills is a requirement of enrolment.
(2)tThe student must participate in a language diagnostics test at the beginning of the academic studies. The test is a self-assessment of the language level.
- Admission requirements (Link)
- Admission Semester
- Summer and Winter Semester
- Admission Mode
- open admission
- Lecture Period
- 11.10.2021 - 28.01.2022
These data have been kindly made available to the DAAD by the German Rectors' Conference.