Eastern European Studies
Ludwig Maximilians University Munich • University • München
- Main instruction language
- Standard length of studies
- 4 semesters
- Master (Master of Arts)
- Admission requirements (Germany)
- (1) To qualify for the Master's program in Eastern European Studies applicants must
1. have a first degree with the grade of at least “very good”- however at least with a grade “good” (at least with a satisfactory level for lawyers)
2. have basic knowledge of at least one Eastern European official language,
t have a solid knowledge of German,
4. have a solid knowledge of English and
5. successfully participated in a suitability assessment (§ 4).
(1) To qualify for the Master's program in Eastern European Studies applicants must
1. t have passed an intermediate examination in a Master's, diploma or state examination course with the grade “very good” - but at least with the grade “good” - and have acquired two main seminar certificates or corresponding evidence in the same course and subject and
2. t fulfil the requirements set out in paragraph 1 no. 2 to 5.
(3) 1Eastern European languages according to Paragraph 1 No. 2 are Albanian, Bulgarian, Estonian, Greek, Croatian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Romanian, Russian, Polish, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Czech, Ukrainian, Hungarian and Belarusian. 2 Basic knowledge according to Paragraph 1 No. 2 refers to language skills that correspond to the level of UNIcert level 1.
(4) 1Confirmed language skills must at least correspond to the level that is achieved in a five-year ascending school lesson that is at least completed with a grade “satisfactory”. 2§ 87 Para. 6 of the school regulations for secondary schools in Bavaria (GSO) in the currently applicable version applies accordingly.
- Admission Semester
- Winter Semester only
- Admission Mode
- Selection procedure / qualifying examination
- Lecture Period
- 02.11.2020 - 12.02.2021
These data have been kindly made available to the DAAD by the German Rectors' Conference.